Saturday, May 9, 2009

Small zombie exert

The city stood as an empty wasteland. Cars lined the streets, abounded, their doors hanging open from when their owners escaped only to be slaughtered minutes later. Nothing moved, well at least nothing that would alarm me. I peeked around the corner, on to the empty street. I glanced back up the fire escape I had climbed down. A few streetlights flickered on. Evening was one of the safest times to move around outside of the shelter. Because they have the same disadvantage as you did in the dark. I tried to keep myself from shaking but it was inevitable. I hadn’t eaten in a few days, that is the entire reason that I was making this trip out of my sanctuary.

I slowly slide around the corner; I stayed low to the ground and in the shadows. I stopped every few seconds sure I had heard my impending death coming towards me. I had made it nearly half way to the store near the corner of the street when I came across a body. From what I could make of it in the darkness, it appeared to be a woman. She laid on her side a hand was outstretched reaching for something; I could see the woman’s ribcage and a part of her spine. I was glad I had not eaten anything it would not have been as easy trying to keep myself from vomiting. I hesitated going closer but I had to. When I was close enough to her I tapped the woman with my foot. She remained motionless. I did it again, harder this time. She still lay as she should and I noticed the smell of her decaying flesh. I stepped over what was left of her. I tried not to look at what remained.

One of her legs was gone. The other gnawed to the bone. There was nothing left inside her ribcage and even a few ribs had been ripped from her. I refused to look
at her face. Half afraid it would be torn from her, the other half afraid of what remained on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment